Sunday, November 1, 2015

Canst thou comprehend?

Literally all I could think about reading The Tempest.

Fun Fact: The song Ariel sings that starts out "Full fathom five" was sang by a group on campus.

So, The Tempest. I was able to catch the jist of it. But I am so caught up in the abbreviated 'the's and other words, and by the curse that Prospero wanted to put on Caliban when he said something that just seemed like he was complaining. Poor guy just wants his land back! Prospero is a manipulating little jerk! In the pre-reading of the play, they were talking about how the characters could be both a villain and a hero, especially talking about Prospero. I'm sorry, but this guy deserves no such title. He made me so angry. The same with the men on the boat. I think my favorite part from scene one was, "Gonzalo: Good, yet remember whom thou hast aboard. Boatswain: None that I love more than myself." BURN, GONZALO! Your Boatswain could careless what happens to you and the mighty men on board.

This is going to be a frustrating play to read. I LOVE DRAMA! .....

No comments:

Post a Comment